Bubba

Bubba

Bubba

Bubba

Bubba

Bubba

Bubba

Bubba

Friday, September 3, 2010

Folkart

Photobucket

Good morning blog readers! Bubba is out on a photo shoot and I thought I'd tell you a little about how Bubba and I came together. My name is Mike and I am his Human. We have been together about 20 years. I had always wanted to do such a blog and didn't know quite what to use. So one afternoon while walking through a flea market in Kennesaw Georgia,I spotted my Bubba hanging from the ceiling! I had long since forgotten about Sock monkeys and was so excited to find him there. With a 6.00 price tag on him I knew that monkey had to come home with me! He was in pretty bad shape since he is and was original from the 1960's. I carefully brought him home and pretty much gave him a face and body lift. I resewed everything on him and bought eyes (buttons) for him at the local walmart. I love folkart,so he was right up my alley! And now you ask? He will be featured in the second book "Everthing keeps coming up Sock Monkeys." I collected Sock MOnkeys for a while,but then the collection got so big I had to sale them off on ebay. I have done a web site for him once upon a time,but no longer exist and now pretty much just do this blog with him. I have to admit coming up with ideas is the hardest part ever. I always have scraps of paper on me with ideas written on them. I do that cause the ideas come to me throughout the day. The funniest thing I think I ever did with him was a fellow Sock Monkey lover with her web site of her Sock Monkey Lives out in Hollywood. I emailed her one day and ask her if she lived close to the Hollywood sign. She said she did and I ask her if I could mail him out and get his picture made with the Hollywood sign. She was glad to do it. I packged his Sock Monkey butt up and off he went. Bubba went to Hollywood! The one thing I haven't done is go to the Sock Monkey festival in Rockford ILL. they have every Spring. It is a dream of mine. I know many of the other Sock Monkey folks that attend,but we have never met in person. As the story goes it's always the funds that keep us from attending such a Gayla affair. Sometimes it's the silly things that make life fun. God bless all you guys and go play with your Sock Monkey already! Mike

No comments: